Saturday 26 March 2011

San Angelo

Friday

Setting off from San Antonio the weather was a little grey and there was a chilly wind so I donned my leather jacket and Nigel his hoodie. I was grateful of it as we got a bit further and Nigel was wishing he had worn his. However by lunchtime the weather got hotter and hotter. With nowhere to stop except the hard shoulder we were unable to take our jackets off. By the time we arrived I thought I was going to die! The temperature was well into the 90's!!!!
I was rather envious of Graeme and Sandra's air con I can say.
We had a lovely surprise when we got to the hotel though. It was a 'secret hotel' where you book a hotel only knowing the price and star rating. It is pot luck whether it is a nice one or a grotty one. We got a top notch three star one. The  Staybridge Inn. It is super! Graeme said he felt this is more his standard!

After a light tea we headed off a few hundred yards to the baseball ground and watched the San Angelo Rams and the Texans play. We had no idea of the rules or at first even which team was which! So we sat where we fancied, which happened to be on the away teams side (The Texans).
It was absolutely brilliant and best of all our team won! I am not sure how or why mind you, lol.















1 comment:

  1. wow! better than camping eh! Like the one of you in the kitchen Panda..I bet thats the nearest you have been to a kitchen in two weeks is it?....lol
    wash them mucky toes for bed won't you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete